Muslim man, 39, and three Arab international students claim they were bashed by ‘drunk men’ in ‘racist’ attack outside a mosque – after they finished evening prayers

Posted on

A Muslim man and three global understudies from Oman have been severely harmed after an unwarranted assault close to a mosque south of Sydney on Friday night.

Abdul-Latif Abdul-Latif had broad wounds and one of the understudies endured a broken arm following the episode near Omar Mosque in Wollongong, the Illawarra Mercury reports.

Mr Abdul-Latif’s left kneecap was ‘completely broken’, and he confronts months of recovery and further surgeries – he has just had his knee worked on at Wollongong Healing facility.

Two men have been accused of strike occasioning genuine substantial damage in organization and affray.

Police later affirmed the two men had been drinking at close-by Wiseman Stop Knocking down some pins Club prior before being denied assistance and made a request to take off.

In the wake of completing his night supplications Mr Abdul-Latif clarified that he was in his auto when he saw the three men being assaulted close-by.

‘It just appeared to me these two men, they were energized, they had us in their sights… however it’s certainly not something that is random,’ the 39-year-old father of four said.

‘So we were at an unlucky spot. Be that as it may, being a Muslim, near the mosque right now route past nightfall.

‘It is quite recently alarming to understand these things are occurring in Wollongong.’

Omar Mosque administrator Dr Munir Hussain said Friday’s episode was not a segregated case.

He kept up bigot assaults were on the ascent and that the Muslim people group there had been ‘badgering for quite a while’.

‘There have been a few occurrences of segregation close to the mosque and at neighborhood shorelines. We are tired of it,’ Dr Hussain said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *